The horse barn was one of the largest in the country and was the scene of major horse shows and sales. The large, three level barn was built in 1870 by sons of George Washington Henderson, Jock Bedell, Henry Clay and Arthur Taylor. Buyers, including the Kentucky horse breeders, came from all over the country.
Breeding horses was an important part of Henderson Hall for several years. One famous client was the Henry Clay family of Lexington, KY. The famous horse, Cassius Clay, was an offspring of a Henderson stud. The trunk of the famous stud, Sacramento, with blankets, harness and ribbons is still here at the Hall.
The barn burned in 1906 and while many horses were saved, many were killed. After the fire the brothers gave up the horse business. A shed roof was built over the old foundation, but that burned in 1951.
The Henderson's raised horses, sheep, cattle, oxen and pigs as well as once maintaining a large number of peafowl.